Our Aims & Objectives
The Okehampton Battle of the Bands is a musical talent show and festival held in Okehampton, organised to give local musicians, and especially young people, an opportunity to showcase their talents.
The philosophy behind the event is that, the Okehampton Battle of the Bands provides opportunity and inspiration for performers and their audience, as well as contributing to the cultural and social amenity of the town.
The Okehampton Battle of the Bands has now become a firm calendar event in the Okehampton Diary with each year becoming bigger and better.
The set up
In 2010 there was re-launch of the Okehampton Battle of the Bands as a product. This included a new logo, web page and Facebook, Twitter and Youtube interfaces.
The plan is to continue and develop the project for the future. Suitable headline acts will be booked to encourage family audiences and confirm the Party in the Park finale as a family event.
Most importantly the committee is committed to promoting and providing a quality event for the benefit of the Acts performing, the audience participating and Okehampton as the promoting town. Through carefully planned development, the Okehampton Battle of the Bands will continue to grow in importance as a respected annual event in Okehampton and a viable tourist and visitor attraction to the town.
The Okehampton Management Committee organise and manage the event. We are an open organisation and completely non-profit making. Minutes are kept of all meetings.
The Aims and Objectives
- To promote live music through a quality musical talent show.
- To promote self development by encouraging applications regardless of age, ability and musical genre. Okehampton BotB is committed to acknowledging the fullest diversity of application and to promoting equality of opportunity for everyone.
- To contribute to the well being of Okehampton and the surrounding area by promoting a community event, in the community for the community.
- To promote Okehampton as a tourist attraction by working with Destination Okehampton as part of the BotB advertising strategy.
- To promote the culture and the arts in the surrounding area by working alongside likeminded local projects and also looking at other similar organisations to become involved with.
- To provide a quality community, family orientated Final to promote community well being.
- To work with local businesses and organisations to promote the BotB and to provide advertising and opportunity for those supporters.
- To develop the BotB website and web-links to ensure continual promotion of the BotB, providing a shop window for the event and also for Okehampton and its supporting businesses and organisations.
Dates for 2016
- Heat 1 - Wednesday 22nd June 2016
- Heat 2 - Thursday 30th June 2016
- Heat 3 - Thursday 7th July 2016
- Party in the Park - Saturday 6th August 2016