Okehampton BotB - The Rules and Terms & Conditions
Applications are encouraged from acts from all musical genres.
Signed bands or acts are not permitted to apply.
Tribute bands or acts are not permitted to apply.
Applications are not restricted to Devon based bands or acts.
All Act members must read and sign these Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by these Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct will result in the disqualification of your Act.
- Applications must be received no later than Sunday 1st May 2016.
- There is a £5 non returnable administration fee payable via Paypal upon application.
- There is a £20 returnable deposit payable via Paypal upon application.
- Deposits will be returned to acts not selected.
- Deposits will be returned to acts withdrawing from the competition providing that notification is received by Okehampton Battle of the Bands no later than 16.00hrs on Sunday 1st May 2016.
- Deposits will be returned to all acts when they arrive for their heat.
- A reserve list of acts will be maintained in case of withdrawal by other acts.
- A maximum of 18 Acts will be selected to participate, maximum of 6 Acts per Heat. Heats will be held on Wednesday 22nd June, Thursday 30th June and Thursday 7th July.
- Order of performance will be determined randomly on the morning of each heat.
- All Act members must arrive on time for check-in (from 18.00 and no later than 18.30pm).
- Each Act will have 20 minutes to perform with a 15 minute change-over.
- The first Act to perform will be offered a 20 minute sound check.
- First and second places will be awarded for each Heat.
- Excessive swearing will not be tolerated and will be dealt with by muting all sound and the band being disqualified.
- The first placed Acts from each Heat as voted by the Judges will win places at the Final to be held in Simmons Park on Saturday 6th August 2016. Five Acts will perform at the Final, the three Heat winners plus two "Judges Wildcard Entry".
- The Acts winning places in the Final will be announced on www.battleofthebandsokehampton.org.uk, Facebook and Twitter.
- The Judges' decisions will be considered as final.
- The Heat Winners will be announced immediately after the votes have been counted.
- Participation in this event implies full consent for all photographs, sound recordings or visual images to be used by Okehampton BOTB for reporting or promoting the event in any way.
- This document is valid and must be abided by for all Battle of the Bands events.
- Bands and accompanying personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner at all times whilst on the event premises Disorderly conduct by any member will result in the disqualification of the entire Act. This includes, but is not limited to Under-age alcohol use, Drug use, Moshing, Stage Diving, Body Passing, offensive behaviour and throwing objects.
- Bands and accompanying personnel are expected to cooperate with the event organisers and venue at all times, any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Event organisers and venue includes all staff i.e. the Okehampton Battle of the Bands Committee, Judges, sound and lighting engineers, stage crew, venue staff, bar staff and security staff. Offenders will be ejected from the premises and any damage incurred or injury inflicted met with maximum penalty or dealt with by the law accordingly.
- Battle of the Bands reserves the right to ask for appropriate identification if any band member appears to be under the age of 18 years.
- The event organisers reserve the right to disqualify any band that is observed to be behaving in an uncompetitive or inappropriate manner. This also includes online etiquette and internet interaction with both the Battle of the Bands websites and its patrons and including interaction by association.
To enter the act members agree not to encourage or promote any activity which could lead to injuries, damages, or losses. If any member encourages or promotes such activity they must defend, indemnify and hold harmless Okehampton Battle of the Bands, its officers, trustees, agents, and employees, from and against all claims, lawsuits, proceedings (Administrative or otherwise), losses, penalties, damages, costs, charges and other expenses of every kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees and litigation expenses which may arise by reason of injuries, including death or property damage, incurred before, during, or after the act's performance.
You can also download the rules as a PDF file for printing or saving to your computer.